Crypton Green is a proprietary treatment produced by the company Crypton. The treatment for textiles is used to resist stains and inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungus, while creating an impermeable barrier. Crypton Green is a two-pass process where the antimicrobial and stain resistant treatments are applied to the surface of the textile and then an impermeable treatment is applied to the back of the textile. With silver ion technology, Crypton Green also prohibits the growths of bacteria, virus, odor, mold, and fungus. In addition, the integrated impermeable barrier prevents liquids and stains from penetrating into the product.
Crypton Green has higher environmental cautious standards and must meet one of the following criteria: 50- to 100-percent recycled; 100-percent heavy-metal-free polyester; 100-percent wool with heavy-metal-free dyes; or 100-percent polypropylene. Crypton Green fabric pass Section 01350 emissions requirements and are MBDC Cradle to Cradle Silver certified.
Crypton Green can be applied to flat woven, knits, textured, and printed fabrics, as well as synthetic and natural fibers. The fabric can be used in moderate- to high-traffic areas, such as healthcare and hospitality environments, restaurants, and public spaces. Adding Crypton Green treatment does not change the color or the hand of the fabric.
|Moisture Barrier||AATCC 127 Hydrostatic Resistance minimum 100 cm|
|Repellency||AATCC 118 Oil Drop 6 out of 6 max|
Water / IPA Drop 6 out of 6 max
AATCC 22 Spray Rating 80-100 of 100 max
|Cleanability||Stain Resistance Class 4-5|
Bleach may be used based on varies of dye methods
Can be maintained easily with soap and water. No need for harsh solvents
|Microbe Resistance||AATCC 30 Resistance to Fungal Growth|
ISO 20743 Resistance to Bacterial Growth
|Flammability||CAL TB 117, NFPA 260, UFAC|
Upon request: FMVSS 302, IMO, EN1021-1/2, Crib V, Boston
|Abrasion||ASTM D 4157 Minimum 50,000 Wyzenbeek Double Rubs Cotton Duck|
|Crocking||AATCC 8 Wet Class 3, Dry Class 4|
AATCC 8 Package Dye Class 4, Solution Dye Class 5
|Tongue Tear Strength||ASTM D 2261 Minimum 4 lbf|
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D 5034 Minimum 50 lbf|
|Seam Slippage||ASTM D 4034 Minimum 25 lbf|
- No Halogenated Flame Retardants
- Not bio-accumulative or toxic
- Does not require CA Proposition 65 warning label
- Free of PFCs and PFASs of concern
- Free of PFOS, PFOA, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, odor and skin sensitizers
- May contribute to LEED points
- ANSI / NSF 336 Sustainability Assessment for Commercial Furnishings Fabric
- CDPH 01350
- Greenguard Gold Certified
- MBDC Cradle to Cradle Silver
* The application of Crypton Green does not automatically guarantee or qualify a textile for certification. All components of a textile must undergo program standards to receive certification.