Crypton Incase is a proprietary treatment produced by the company Crypton. The treatment for textiles is used to resist stains and inhibit the growth of bacteria. With silver ion technology, Crypton Incase also prohibits the growths of bacteria, virus, odor, mold, and fungus.
Crypton Incase can be used on a wide range of healthcare and commercial products such as cubicle curtains, seating, cubicle curtains, and bedding. Crypton Incase can be applied to flat woven, knits, textured, and printed fabrics, as well as synthetic fibers and natural fibers.
In addition to Crypton Incase, Crypton has provided Crypton Incase FR, which is specifically designed for privacy and cubicle curtains, as well as drapery. Crypton Incase FR fabric is made by 100-percent inherent FR polyester fibers that allows the fabric to pass NFPA 701, both before and after over 25 commercial launderings. Crypton Incase FR treatment focuses on the flammability aspect of the drapery, and not as much on increasing the resistance to crocking or abrasion.
|Repellency||AATCC 118 Oil Drop 6 out of 6 max|
Water / IPA Drop 6 out of 6 max
AATCC 22 Spray Rating 80-100 of 100 max
|Cleanability||AATCC 130 Stain Resistance Class 4-5|
Can be cleaned with 10% Bleach for 10 minutes and a rinse for polyester package dyed or solution dyed products
High concentration bleach or long-term exposure to bleach can be used on solution dyed products only
|Microbe Resistance||Silver ion odor resistance|
|Flammability||CAL TB 117, NFPA 260, UFAC|
Upon request: FMVSS 302, IMO upholstery
NFPA 701 (Crypton INCASE FR)
|Abrasion||Enhances abrasion resistance|
|Crocking||AATCC 8 Wet Class 3, Dry Class 4|
|Seam Slippage||Improves seam slippage|
- No Halogenated Flame Retardants
- Not bio-accumulative or toxic
- Does not require CA Proposition 65 warning label
- Free of PFCs and PFASs of concern
- Free of PFOS, PFOA, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, odor and skin sensitizers
- GreenGuard Gold Certified
- ANSI / NSF 336 Sustainability Assessment for Commercial Furnishings Fabric
- Health Product Declaration
* The application of Crypton Incase does not automatically guarantee or qualify a textile for certification. All components of a textile must undergo program standards to receive certification.